Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reflexive Pronouns

Reflexive pronouns are used to emphasize that the person who realizes the action is the same who receives it. Here, some examples:
Subject Pronouns    Reflexive Pronouns
        I                                 Myself
      You                             Yourself
       He                              Himself
      She                              Herself
       It                                 Itself
       We                            Ourselves
      You                            Yourselves
      They                          Themselves

- I'm doing this project all by myself. = I'm doing it alone.
- (You)Take care of yourself!
- He was working with that inappropriate tool and he cut himself.
- She killed herself.
- Love is not enough, in itself. = Love is not enough, alone. 
- We've been studying for ourselves.
- You all must clean all this house, yourselves. Don't count on me!

- They should do that effort for themselves. It's worthy just for their own purpose.


Here, at Web2, and Perso Wanadoo, you can practice this issue a little bit.
 
    

1 comment:

Robert said...

I liked to much this blog, I think so this can help me to study english..... (sorry for mistakes..shaush)

I'm that boy, that you find in the micro bus, (17/04- 08:00) remember?