Friday, September 5, 2014

Simple Future Be Going to + Will Future Tenses







After all this time (and I'm really sorry about that), I'm back! I'd intended to write this blog in both languages, although my first intention was to write it in English but some students have asked to write in Portuguese, just like the coaching sessions that we have at school. So here we go, and I'm going to explain about Simple Future - Be Going To.



It's used to talk about plans, intentions. Going to + verb in the infinitive form often emphasizes this idea of intention or decision, got it?

1. She's going to play the guitar. (It's a planned action in the future).
2. He studied a lot. He's going to do the test. (It's certain that this is going to happen).
3. This afternoon, I'm going to write that essay. 

Will - Future is used to:

1) Future actions happen without the speaker's intention: The stars will shine tonight.
2) Predictions, assumptions: I think that your favorite band will play in Brazil in October.

3) Spontaneous actions: Hang on! I'll have a word with you.
4) Sudden decisions: By the way, I'll go to the Vamp Party with you.

Here you are some links to practice:

Will or Be Going To (1)
Will or Be Going To (2)
Will or Be Going To (3)

See you all next post! 

No comments: