Monday, February 1, 2010

When You Must Use Enough, Too and Very

Some students were asking me when they may use ENOUGH,VERY or TOO. Let's check them out:
ENOUGH means sufficient. Here, some examples:
- This house is big enough to our family. Let's buy it!
- Thanks, your food is really delicious, but I had it enough.

VERY means a great degreee, a large quantity of something:
- He liked that jacket. Although it is very expensive, he's going to buy it.
- Today is very hot, so we can enjoy all this afternoon in the beach!

TOO means too much of something that is not good enough:
- Wow, I love Mexican food, but this is too spicy!
- Jena, you played video game too much today. Turn it off and give me some help with the cleaning!

And take a look at this charge. Really funny, huh?

1 comment:

George said...

I usually see even advanced students commit this kind of mistake. Thanx 4 help us!